How do I customize the Gantt Timeline bar colors in Gantt Chart Excel?
Default Gantt Timeline Colors
Default colors can be changed across the gantt chart sheet by clicking on the Settings button on the Gantt tab.
You can double-click the default colors to any color of your choice and click the Update button.
The gantt timeline will instantly update the default colors of all tasks with the newly selected colors.
Changing Colors of Individual Bars and Milestones
You can also change the color of each individual task bar or milestone marker. There are two ways to do this...
- Just double click the task or milestone and then change the colors under the Bar Colors section and then click the Ok button.
- You can also bulk update all the colors by unhiding the color columns. To do this...
- Click on Settings on the Gantt tab and select the Columns tab.
- Unhide the last four color columns
- Set the colors in the excel grid using the Excel Fill Option
- When done, right-click on any task and select Redraw Timeline